Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
HMT HMT is offline

Default Ribbon

How can I make my 2007 Excel Workbook to always defaulyt to showing the full
bar ribbon under the HOME item. What happens now is that when I choose home,
and it shows all the items belloe it, as soon as I chose an acition, the info
goes away and I have to choose HOME again to see what is under it. I just
wanted HOME ribbon to be always open.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi HMT

Use the shortcut Ctrl F1 one time

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"HMT" wrote in message ...
How can I make my 2007 Excel Workbook to always defaulyt to showing the full
bar ribbon under the HOME item. What happens now is that when I choose home,
and it shows all the items belloe it, as soon as I chose an acition, the info
goes away and I have to choose HOME again to see what is under it. I just
wanted HOME ribbon to be always open.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Ron,

I have the same problem, but I use Excel for 90% of my work as a credit
controller and find it extremely frustatrating that a so-called "upgrade" now
requires an additional step to achieve a function that was simpler under the
previous version. How do I make the Home ribbon a permanent fixture, so that
if I click on another tab (such as "DataText to columns") it will revert to
the Home ribbon WITHOUT me needing to keep adding a step into the process?

In Excel 2002, I could click on DataText to columns and having performed
the function, the drop down menu would automatically disappear. So how do I
achieve the same simplicity in 2007?

Is there anything else I can do to return as close as possible to the
previously neat and sensible Excel 2002? We work through a thin client here,
so I need to find a setting that can apply to my own individual profile
without affecting the rest of the office? I just can't understand why we've
gone from the streamlines and user-friendly Excel 2002, to this kindergarten
appearance, ridiculously fiddly Excel 2007.

I bought Office 2007 for my home PC and laptop but found the changes so
irrelevant and fussy that I sold it at a loss and returned to 2003. If only I
could persuade my CEO to do the same!

Natasha

"HMT" wrote in message ...
How can I make my 2007 Excel Workbook to always defaulyt to showing the full
bar ribbon under the HOME item. What happens now is that when I choose home,
and it shows all the items belloe it, as soon as I chose an acition, the info
goes away and I have to choose HOME again to see what is under it. I just
wanted HOME ribbon to be always open.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Natasha" wrote in message
Hi Ron,

I have the same problem, but I use Excel for 90% of my work as a credit
controller and find it extremely frustatrating that a so-called "upgrade"
now
requires an additional step to achieve a function that was simpler under
the
previous version. How do I make the Home ribbon a permanent fixture, so
that
if I click on another tab (such as "DataText to columns") it will revert
the Home ribbon WITHOUT me needing to keep adding a step into the process?

In Excel 2002, I could click on DataText to columns and having performed
the function, the drop down menu would automatically disappear. So how do
achieve the same simplicity in 2007?

The answer is to put all your frequently-used commands on the QAT (Quick
Access Toolbar) and then you can minimize the ribbon completely...

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Natasha

It is not possible to do what you want.
You can add all your controls to the QAT like Gordon posted but with a lot of controls this is not a good option.
Build your own tab with favorite controls with RibbonX and save it as a add-in if it is important

See the example on this page (you can download a workbook also)
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm