Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gordon[_9_] Gordon[_9_] is offline

Default Ribbon

"Natasha" wrote in message
Hi Ron,

I have the same problem, but I use Excel for 90% of my work as a credit
controller and find it extremely frustatrating that a so-called "upgrade"
now
requires an additional step to achieve a function that was simpler under
the
previous version. How do I make the Home ribbon a permanent fixture, so
that
if I click on another tab (such as "DataText to columns") it will revert
the Home ribbon WITHOUT me needing to keep adding a step into the process?

In Excel 2002, I could click on DataText to columns and having performed
the function, the drop down menu would automatically disappear. So how do
achieve the same simplicity in 2007?

The answer is to put all your frequently-used commands on the QAT (Quick
Access Toolbar) and then you can minimize the ribbon completely...

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level