Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Finding current printer page number

I have hunted for this without success.
I want to know - programmatically - what page the active cell is in.
More precisely, what page ActiveCell.Top is in.
(I take it some sows can split into more than one page.)

I want to automate putting manual page breaks into a sheet.
I would put breaks at or before those automatically inserted by Excel.
Thanks
--
Walter Briscoe
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In message of Thu, 12 Mar 2009
15:17:15 in microsoft.public.excel.newusers, Walter Briscoe
writes
I have hunted for this without success.
I want to know - programmatically - what page the active cell is in.
More precisely, what page ActiveCell.Top is in.
(I take it some sows can split into more than one page.)

I want to automate putting manual page breaks into a sheet.
I would put breaks at or before those automatically inserted by Excel.
Thanks

I had not hunted hard enough!
<http://en.allexperts.com/q/Excel-1059/page-number-row-selection.htm
copies code by Ron de Bruin which hits the spot. I did not find it in
www.rondebruin.nl but did find what I take to be the original in
<http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_thread/thread/6967f7fe320f42ae/1ed4508fe39d996c

In other places, he notes it is not very fast.
It is a lot faster than me inserting page breaks manually. ;)
--
Walter Briscoe