Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Laljeet

Default How to display current page number in any cell of that page.

I will like to display in a cell at almost the top of the page, the page
number.
E.g. Page 1 of 5 next Page 2 of 5 ...in a five page document. How do i do
this? I have Excel 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Héctor Miguel

hi, Laljeet !

I will like to display in a cell at almost the top of the page, the page number.
E.g. Page 1 of 5 next Page 2 of 5... in a five page document. How do i do this? I have Excel 2003.

IMHO, 'this'... is not that simple :-(
AFIAK, each 'cell at almost the top of the page' changes according to page setup print/printer settings
- it needs to 'scan' for row/column pagebreask, print area, print title rows/columns, print order, quality, zoom, etc.
- also, is if you 'write' on cells 'page # of ##' by code, scan for previous 'wrong-page-numbered' cells

if you only need 5 page-numbered cells, I guess an easy way could it be:
- do a printpreview
- locate those 'cell at almost the top of the page', and number them [you know the print order]

if you really need a code for that, I have one in a ~100 long-lines macro
let me know where to send it to you.

hth,
hector.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Laljeet

Hi Hector Miguel

Sorry for the delayed response./

Can youo pleas esend me the code to do the page numbering

Thanks.

M Laljeet

"Héctor Miguel" wrote:

hi, Laljeet !

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Hector... I am looking for the same thing. I have a workbook that I'd like
to print # of #'s . The workbook will be modiefied by users by adding
worksheets at times and I need those sheets to be included in the count
(worksheet 1 will always be page 1). I am not "code friendly" so if you
could send me the code and tell me exactly how to input it into the
worksheet(s) I would be greatly appreciated. Please send to
.

Thank you for your help.
Heather

hi, Laljeet !