Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default how do I open 2 excel pages on the desktop at the same time

When I open page 1, it appears on the desktop. When I click on page 2, it
appears on the desktop, but page 1 disappears. I want both page 1 and page 2
to be on the desktop at the same time. Thank you for helping.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Excel doesn't have "pages"

It has Workbooks.

Do you want two workbooks visible at the same time?

Open both and Go to WindowNew Window

WindowArrangeVertical

Do you want to see just one but have the other appear on the Taskbar?

Enable Option of "Windows in TaskBar"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 14:32:01 -0800, wilma
wrote:

When I open page 1, it appears on the desktop. When I click on page 2, it
appears on the desktop, but page 1 disappears. I want both page 1 and page 2
to be on the desktop at the same time. Thank you for helping.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Dear Wilma
If you mean you want to be able to see both your workbooks in the taskbar, I
think you have no other way but to open Microsoft Excel one more time from
the Start All Programs Microsoft Office. Opening Microsoft Excel each
time you want to open a workbook will allow you to see them all in the
taskbar.
I hope this helps.

Little Researcher

"wilma" wrote:

When I open page 1, it appears on the desktop. When I click on page 2, it
appears on the desktop, but page 1 disappears. I want both page 1 and page 2
to be on the desktop at the same time. Thank you for helping.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Opening a new instance of Excel for each workbook is creating unnecessary
overhead.

You can open all books in one instance and still see each on the Taskbar if
you have "Show All Windows in Taskbar" enabled.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP