Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default EXCEL FILES SAVED TO DESKTOP WILL NOT OPEN FROM DESKTOP

I have Visa premium and office 2007, when I save an excel workbook to my
desktop and try to open it later I get the error "windows cannot find "but
other applications like word work fine. I can open the same file from excel
just fine, but not from the desktop.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's most likely a "permissions" issue.
Right click and choose Properties. Make sure Read Only is unchecked.

Let me know if that works because if it doesn't and you are using a Vista
machine you'll probably need to "take ownership".