Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Book1 default - does not close once another file is opened

I have excel 2003 - Seems that the Book1 set to start up at opening excel -
always requires to be closed after replying to save or not....
Where I worked before once you open an existing file, this template book1,
would be gone. No need to go through the saved or not option, nor closing it.
Can you please advise what it the best solution to rectify this problem!
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

There might be a macro, which runs at start-up, which makes changes to book1
hence the prompt...

Once book1 is open, press ALT-F11. Do you see other workbooks beside book1
on the left pane? Is there any code associated with book1?