Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Excel: Conditional Formatting

Dear sir,

I found out it is very difficult to use the Conditional Formatting when I
meet the case as following:
Cell B2 contains a time:8:0AM and Cell B3 contains another time:10:00AM. My
question is that in cell C1 which contains NOW() which is 9:00AM, and I want
the cell C1 become red color when the time in C1 fall between B2 and B3.

I found out that the Conditional Formatting has no such function at all. Can
you advice?

Many thanks,
Wilchong

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Since NOW() returns *both* the DATE and TIME it will *always* be greater
than any time you have entered in your cells.

Use Conditional Formatting
Formula Is option:

=AND(B2<"",MOD(C1,1)=B2,MOD(C1,1)<=B3)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"wilchong via OfficeKB.com" <u43231@uwe wrote in message
Dear sir,

I found out it is very difficult to use the Conditional Formatting when I
meet the case as following:
Cell B2 contains a time:8:0AM and Cell B3 contains another time:10:00AM.
My
question is that in cell C1 which contains NOW() which is 9:00AM, and I
want
the cell C1 become red color when the time in C1 fall between B2 and B3.

I found out that the Conditional Formatting has no such function at all.
Can
you advice?

Many thanks,
Wilchong

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Feb 18, 8:58*am, "wilchong via OfficeKB.com" <u43231@uwe wrote:
Dear sir,

I found out it is very difficult to use the Conditional Formatting when I
meet the case as following:
Cell B2 contains a time:8:0AM and Cell B3 contains another time:10:00AM. *My
question is that in cell C1 which contains NOW() which is 9:00AM, and I want
the cell C1 become red color when the time in C1 fall between B2 and B3.

I found out that the Conditional Formatting has no such function at all. *Can
you advice?

Many thanks,
Wilchong

You have to define two conditions in conditional formatting, one for
C1<B3, then click add and write the 2nd condition that is C1B2, then
choose your formatting background.
For me it worked fine.