Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default "Next" button for reading NG from Internet

I am using Microsoft's site to read the posts in NG.
(http://www.microsoft.com/office/community).
There is a minor problem which wastes time.
After reading a post, in order to read next one, I have to go back to
button in the end of posts, upon reading a post, it could be easier to go to

If possible please add a "Next" button to the end of posts in your NG site.
Thanks in advance.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...excel.newusers
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

This issue depend on how you are connecting to the NG. For example, if you
use the Web interface you can read the post on the right side of the screen
by selecting it without opening it. If you open it, then you need to close
it to go to the next message. (Im using Yahoo as my browser). On the other
hand if I use Outlook Express or Windows Mail or Windows Mail Live I do have
Next and Previous buttons.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Khoshravan" wrote:

I am using Microsoft's site to read the posts in NG.
(http://www.microsoft.com/office/community).
There is a minor problem which wastes time.
After reading a post, in order to read next one, I have to go back to
button in the end of posts, upon reading a post, it could be easier to go to

If possible please add a "Next" button to the end of posts in your NG site.
Thanks in advance.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...excel.newusers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I don't have access to news reader like OLE or others you mentioned.
I have seen the interface you are talking about, where the threads are in
left side and contents appear in right side, but recently I can't see it that
way. I only see the threads. Am I using different web address to access the
newsgroup? Bellow is an example for one thread.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...2fsettings.xml

"Khoshravan" wrote:

I am using Microsoft's site to read the posts in NG.
(http://www.microsoft.com/office/community).
There is a minor problem which wastes time.
After reading a post, in order to read next one, I have to go back to
button in the end of posts, upon reading a post, it could be easier to go to

If possible please add a "Next" button to the end of posts in your NG site.
Thanks in advance.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...xcel.newusersI

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
I don't have access to news reader like OLE or others you mentioned.

Why not? Are you in a corporate environment where they have blocked port
119?

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
That might be the reason. We have strict rules due to virus protection,
but I
also have the same problem at home. BTW, what is port 119?

Port 119 is the NNTP port. Many corporate environments block it unless you
specifically need newsgroup access for your job. What makes you think you
have no access to a newsreader at home?

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I haven't tried the access to NG through NNTP from home. By "same problem" I
mean at home also the web access to NG doesn't bring the content box on
right. It only brings the list of threads. I have to try to install OLE on my
laptop to use at home.

"Gordon" wrote:

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
That might be the reason. We have strict rules due to virus protection,
but I
also have the same problem at home. BTW, what is port 119?

Port 119 is the NNTP port. Many corporate environments block it unless you
specifically need newsgroup access for your job. What makes you think you
have no access to a newsreader at home?

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
I haven't tried the access to NG through NNTP from home. By "same problem"
mean at home also the web access to NG doesn't bring the content box on
right. It only brings the list of threads. I have to try to install OLE on
my
laptop to use at home.

If you have XP then you already have Outlook Express. If you have Vista then
you can't install OE, but you have Windows Mail already installed, which is
what I am currently using to read newsgroups...

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level