Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I eliminate empty cells from plotting on chart

How do I eliminate empty cells from plotting zeros on my chart?

I am working on a simple chart that plots weight loss on Y axis and date on
X axis.

I plot my weight values that I record once a week. The data series is part
of a spreadsheet that records diet information on a daily basis. However,
because the series of values had six empty cells between weight values, the
chart shows each weight value okay but in between you see six zero values.
When displaying the chart I go to tools options/chart tab and under plot
empty cells as, I click on Plot empty cells as not plotted, and Plot
visible cells only, but I still get all the empty cells in the series
plotted as zero values. The only way I can eliminate these zero/empty
plots is to set Format Axis/Scale Minimum above zero. But I want the Y axis
to show, start at zero.

I am using Excel 2002.

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers