Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default IF statements

I wish to add the following formula in a cell:

IF D6<1981 then C41=E22

C41 is the cell I wish to put the data in. How should this be written?

Many thanks

Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Dave in Ampthill" wrote in
message ...
I wish to add the following formula in a cell:

IF D6<1981 then C41=E22

C41 is the cell I wish to put the data in. How should this be written?

Many thanks

Dave

You almost got it.The formula must be put into C41
=IF(D6<1981,E22,"")
Replace "" with the value you want if D6=1981
--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level