Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Filter 2 separate columns in Excel

Can I filter more than one column in one worksheet? For example, if I have
paper size in one column and project number in another, I need to list all A4
drawings with project number 1234. As far as I can see it's only possible to
have one filter per worksheet. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Martin" wrote:

Can I filter more than one column in one worksheet? For example, if I
have
paper size in one column and project number in another, I need to list
all A4
drawings with project number 1234. As far as I can see it's only possible
have one filter per worksheet. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Martin

No you can filter on two columns - it seems that you need to select ALL the
columns in the list..

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

list all A4 drawings with project number 1234

In xl2003
Just Autofilter & choose in sequence, eg:
Go to Paper size col droplist: Choose: A4
This filters all A4 lines

Then go to Project number col droplist, Choose: 1234
to get the subfilter results

(You can also filter 1234 first, then subfilter A4
- should give you identical results)
--
Max
Singapore
"Martin" wrote:
Can I filter more than one column in one worksheet? For example, if I have
paper size in one column and project number in another, I need to list all A4
drawings with project number 1234. As far as I can see it's only possible to
have one filter per worksheet. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Martin" wrote:

Can I filter more than one column in one worksheet? For example, if I
have
paper size in one column and project number in another, I need to list
all A4
drawings with project number 1234. As far as I can see it's only
possible
have one filter per worksheet. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Martin

No you can filter on two columns - it seems that you need to select ALL
the
columns in the list..

YW!

--