Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Lookup Formula Using Multiple Values

Hi

I am using Microsoft Excel 2007 and I have data entered as follows:

Origin Destination Mileage
1004 Hastings 22
1004 Waipukurau 75
1005 Napier 22
1005 Waipukurau 53

I want a lookup formula that will lookup data in both the Origin and
Destination columns and return the value in the Mileage Column

Many thanks
Kay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Can you give an example of what data and what returned?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Kay Castles" wrote in message
Hi

I am using Microsoft Excel 2007 and I have data entered as follows:

Origin Destination Mileage
1004 Hastings 22
1004 Waipukurau 75
1005 Napier 22
1005 Waipukurau 53

I want a lookup formula that will lookup data in both the Origin and
Destination columns and return the value in the Mileage Column

Many thanks
Kay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Niek

The data is supplied below and I want to return a value such as:

Lookup Origin and Destination (eg: 1004 & Waipukurau) and return mileage
(eg: 75)

Cheers
Kay

"Niek Otten" wrote in message
Can you give an example of what data and what returned?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Kay Castles" wrote in message
Hi

I am using Microsoft Excel 2007 and I have data entered as follows:

Origin Destination Mileage
1004 Hastings 22
1004 Waipukurau 75
1005 Napier 22
1005 Waipukurau 53

I want a lookup formula that will lookup data in both the Origin and
Destination columns and return the value in the Mileage Column

Many thanks
Kay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Insert a new column, after B; that will be the new column C. In C1: =A1&B1.
Copy down as far as your data goes (I assume 10 rows in my formula).
With 1004 in G1 and Waipukurau in H1, use this formula (in I1, for example):
=VLOOKUP(G1&H1, C1:D10,2,FALSE)