Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Page Numbering

I am printing out spreadsheet in landscape and would like to put the page
number at the bottom of the page, but like if it was printed in portrait.
Does this make sense? I need the page number on the side of the page not
the bottom.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

Excel does not have such an options, sorry

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Bmxmom" wrote:

I am printing out spreadsheet in landscape and would like to put the page
number at the bottom of the page, but like if it was printed in portrait.
Does this make sense? I need the page number on the side of the page not
the bottom.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

As a backhanded workaround you could use Excel or Word
to make a template that prints the page numbers for you.
It just means that you need to put the paper back through
the printer. Not very pretty, but it shouldn't be too slow.

I'm thinking of a template that has a page number set in the right
place for say 200 pages, if you only want 36 pages then select
pages 1-36 in the print dialog.

HTH
Martin

"Bmxmom" wrote in message
I am printing out spreadsheet in landscape and would like to put the page
number at the bottom of the page, but like if it was printed in portrait.
Does this make sense? I need the page number on the side of the page not
the bottom.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

A workaround for this which I use is to select the cells, then format to
change the alignment of the text, ie rotate it 90 degress anticlockwise, so
that it reads from bottom to top in each cell. With a bit of fiddling with
the column widthes and row heights, you should be able to get the content to
fit the page. Keep checking in Preview. Then apply footers as normal.
Unfortuantely, rotating charts seems more difficult.

Dave

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10356887.aspx