Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Aurora

Default Page Numbering

I am using Excel 2000.
I have a file with 11 worksheets (tabs) in the file. There are two graphs
on each tab and each tab prints one page. In the header of each tab (at the
left margin), I have individually typed "Page and the number 1 thru 11). I
updated my charts and did a print preview and all of the pages appear to have
the correct page number on them.

Then I noticed that I had forgotten to update the header to the indicate
which month the report is for (November - changed from October). I grouped
all of the tabs and made the change in the header which is centered on each
page. When I did a print preview again, while the center header was correct,
all of the pages were numbered "Page 1". How can I correct this?

I thought the Grouping function made it easier to make changes to all of the
tabs? Am I missing something here? Please help. This has contantly
happened in the past, but this is the first month I can connect the pages not
numbering correctly with changing the centered header. Every month, I am
told by someone that my pages are not numbered correctly. What can I do????

Aurora
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Ed Ferrero

Hi Aurora,

I guess you are using FilePage SetupHeader/Footer

Group all sheets
Enter the following in a page header
Page &[Page] of &[Pages]

Then, whilst the sheets are still grouped, print the sheets.
Grouped sheets will correctly increment the Excel page codes.

Ed Ferrero
http://www.edferrero.com

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Aurora

Thank you Ed for responding. I have grouped all the sheets together before
printing and had the same problem. My page number is in the header - on the
right side of the paper. I did not use code for the page number, because i
wanted each page to only be the one number(Ex: page 5 or page 6 etc., in
case I have to reprint just one page it will be the correct page number. I
can not understand why changing the month in the centered headed changed the
page number on all of the headers.

Let me know if you or anyone else has any ideas.