Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Import Problem

Using Excel 2003, my problem is to import from a csv file into Excel. Easy
enough, except I require the top, leftmost cell to be in E10 not A1.
There are a lot of text entries, and formulas already in place, and avoiding
redoing those everytime a download and import is ordered will be a great
enhancement to efficient operations.
Thanks
Pepper
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

What about using "Replace" from the "Edit" menu to fix the formulas that call
A1 and replace with E10? Might not be quite that simple, but could save a
bunch of time.

--
If my posting was helpful, please click the "Yes" button.

ROCK ON!,

Scott

"Pepper" wrote:

Using Excel 2003, my problem is to import from a csv file into Excel. Easy
enough, except I require the top, leftmost cell to be in E10 not A1.
There are a lot of text entries, and formulas already in place, and avoiding
redoing those everytime a download and import is ordered will be a great
enhancement to efficient operations.
Thanks
Pepper

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

You can open a text file directly into Excel via File, Open. In which case
it doesn't matter where you are because Excel automatically opens the file as
a new file, which you can then copy over to any location you choose in
another workbook. You still get the import wizard.

If you are doing this via the Data, Import External Data, Import Data
command you are prompted for the location where you want to put the data so
you can select E1 rather than A1 or any other cell.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

Import problem µ New Users to Excel 0 April 24th 07 10:27 AM
Problem import via query µ New Users to Excel 0 April 21st 07 07:03 PM
Data import problem Iain Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 May 3rd 06 02:10 AM
Import problem Ted Rogers New Users to Excel 9 July 14th 05 10:52 PM
Import Data Problem Eamon Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 March 12th 05 10:48 PM