Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Formulas in Excel

Hi I am not sure how to word this but here goes, I would like to be able to
enter a w-4 withholding exemption (single and 1 or married and 2, etc.) and
have excel calculate this change automatically. Would this be an IF formula?
Thanks for any help you can offer.
--
Life, Love and Happiness
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Give us some figures or a bit for information as anything can be an IF
statement, a simple =A1+B1 can be If=(A1<"",A1+B1,"") or an if and
If=(And(A1<"",B1<""),A1+B1,"") etc. so as you can see we need a
little more info!

--
The Code Cage Team

Regards,
The Code Cage Team
The Code Cage Team's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=2
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=31878

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

What is a "w-4 withholding exemption "

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"blaze" wrote in message
Hi I am not sure how to word this but here goes, I would like to be able
enter a w-4 withholding exemption (single and 1 or married and 2, etc.)
and
have excel calculate this change automatically. Would this be an IF
formula?
Thanks for any help you can offer.
--
Life, Love and Happiness

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Nick i believe its something to do with US tax.