Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How does an address appear to have 2 fields in 1 - see sample data

Hi-I recently learned Access and have created tables. I noticed that in the
sample Database provided (Norhtwind) they have a Customers Table that has an
address field. At first glance when reviewing a customer - "Consolidated
Holdings", you can only see the address of: Berkely Gardens; however, if you
put your curser after Gardens and use your arrow key, it displays 12 Brewery.
Also, both lines appear in the Orders Form on separate lines for the Ship
to. Does anyone know how to do this?
--
Shelby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

A couple possibilities.

1) The address field is sized smaller than the data, so you'd have to widen
it to view.

2) There is another table linked to it based on the address field.

If there is a plus sign to the left of your field, it is a linked field. If
not, it's probably issue #1.

"Shelby" wrote:

Hi-I recently learned Access and have created tables. I noticed that in the
sample Database provided (Norhtwind) they have a Customers Table that has an
address field. At first glance when reviewing a customer - "Consolidated
Holdings", you can only see the address of: Berkely Gardens; however, if you
put your curser after Gardens and use your arrow key, it displays 12 Brewery.
Also, both lines appear in the Orders Form on separate lines for the Ship
to. Does anyone know how to do this?
--
Shelby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Actually, there is a line feed lf on that line of text. The first line has
been typed, Control and enter pressed together and the second line of text
entered.

That id also how it appears on seperate lines in the report. Not sure if
this is a good way of setting the table up but it allows and extra line to be
added to the address without empty fields where the address is shorter than
the number of fields available. However, this can also been achived using the
can shrink property of the report address property to close up empty
addresses that appear as controls on the report.

I hope this has answered your question????

Regards

Mike B
--
Advice to Posters.
Check your post for replies or request for more information.

"Shelby" wrote:

Hi-I recently learned Access and have created tables. I noticed that in the
sample Database provided (Norhtwind) they have a Customers Table that has an
address field. At first glance when reviewing a customer - "Consolidated
Holdings", you can only see the address of: Berkely Gardens; however, if you
put your curser after Gardens and use your arrow key, it displays 12 Brewery.
Also, both lines appear in the Orders Form on separate lines for the Ship
to. Does anyone know how to do this?
--
Shelby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How does an address appear to have 2 fields in 1 - see sample

By the way, this can be proved by pressing delete at the end of the first
visible line, the line feed will be deleted and the text will then appear on
the same row. Place the cursor at the end of the first line of text (where is
used to be) and press controle enter. The text will again appear on two lines

Regards
--

"Shelby" wrote:

Hi-I recently learned Access and have created tables. I noticed that in the
sample Database provided (Norhtwind) they have a Customers Table that has an
address field. At first glance when reviewing a customer - "Consolidated
Holdings", you can only see the address of: Berkely Gardens; however, if you
put your curser after Gardens and use your arrow key, it displays 12 Brewery.
Also, both lines appear in the Orders Form on separate lines for the Ship
to. Does anyone know how to do this?
--
Shelby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Make that Alt + Enter, not CTRL + Enter

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 08:48:00 -0800, MikeJohnB
wrote:

By the way, this can be proved by pressing delete at the end of the first
visible line, the line feed will be deleted and the text will then appear on
the same row. Place the cursor at the end of the first line of text (where is
used to be) and press controle enter. The text will again appear on two lines

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Sorry to correct the correction and I know this News group is Excell when Alt
Enter adds a line feed but the subject is Access in which case its Ctrl Enter
not Alt Enter as previous poster states. (Don't believe me? Try it in Access)

Kindest Regards

Mike B