Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
MikeJohnB MikeJohnB is offline

Default How does an address appear to have 2 fields in 1 - see sample data

Actually, there is a line feed lf on that line of text. The first line has
been typed, Control and enter pressed together and the second line of text
entered.

That id also how it appears on seperate lines in the report. Not sure if
this is a good way of setting the table up but it allows and extra line to be
added to the address without empty fields where the address is shorter than
the number of fields available. However, this can also been achived using the
can shrink property of the report address property to close up empty
addresses that appear as controls on the report.

I hope this has answered your question????

Regards

Mike B
--
Advice to Posters.
Check your post for replies or request for more information.

"Shelby" wrote:

Hi-I recently learned Access and have created tables. I noticed that in the
sample Database provided (Norhtwind) they have a Customers Table that has an
address field. At first glance when reviewing a customer - "Consolidated
Holdings", you can only see the address of: Berkely Gardens; however, if you
put your curser after Gardens and use your arrow key, it displays 12 Brewery.
Also, both lines appear in the Orders Form on separate lines for the Ship
to. Does anyone know how to do this?
--
Shelby