Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Save As versus Save

I've created a spreadsheet that I need to make accessible to our managers.
They will need to open the form fill it in and save the new form with their
information. How do I force them to use the "Save As" command versus the
"Save"?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Sara" wrote in message
I've created a spreadsheet that I need to make accessible to our managers.
They will need to open the form fill it in and save the new form with
their
information. How do I force them to use the "Save As" command versus the
"Save"?

By making it open in read-Only mode.....then the user can't "save", they
have to "save as"....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Sara" wrote in message
Thanks it worked like a charm

YW!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

You can also make the form file an *.xlt (template file)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire