-   -   Save As versus Save (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/210044-save-versus-save.html)

sara

Save As versus Save

I've created a spreadsheet that I need to make accessible to our managers.
They will need to open the form fill it in and save the new form with their
information. How do I force them to use the "Save As" command versus the
"Save"?

Gordon[_6_]

Save As versus Save

"Sara" wrote in message
I've created a spreadsheet that I need to make accessible to our managers.
They will need to open the form fill it in and save the new form with
their
information. How do I force them to use the "Save As" command versus the
"Save"?

By making it open in read-Only mode.....then the user can't "save", they
have to "save as"....

sara

Save As versus Save

Thanks it worked like a charm

"Sara" wrote in message
Thanks it worked like a charm

YW!

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Save As versus Save

Hi,

You can also make the form file an *.xlt (template file)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire