Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Linking documents (non-numeric information

Hi
I have been asked to create 2 documents -
1) A Vacation Schedule for the Trainers and
2) A Master Training Calendar of where, what and who will be conducting
Training

The challenge I am facing is creating a link with these two documents which
will allow simultaneous update to the Training Calendar about the status of
the trainer (ie if they are on vacation).

Can anyone offer any suggestion on how I can approach or solve this challenge?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Carol
Presumably you need others to look at and use the Schedule and Calendar?
So before you consider how to link these two documents (2 worksheets in one
workbook) you really ought to design the documents i.e. the appearance and
what information you need to show.
For some ideas try an internet search for 'Free Excel Templates' - you may
find one you can use or one to give you a starting point.
When you've designed them you can then think about the links that are
required to achieve your goal.