Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Importing data

Hello,
I have a workbook in Excel 2003 that I need some advice on please. The data
used in the spreadsheet is collected online into a CSV file, this CSV file
is imported into Excel onto a "Raw Data" worksheet. From this raw data
several other worksheets need to access this raw data to prepare the reports
required. I have the first report sheet designed and it picks up the data
from the Raw Data sheet. The problem I need help with is updating the raw
data; when I download a new file from our web site and refresh the data
import the report worksheet does not update correctly. For example supposed
there are three more rows of data in the Raw Data sheet, the report sheet
does not show any extra rows.
The report sheet is set up with many more rows that can be in the raw data
so the formulas are there but the data does not appear.

Here is a typical formula from the report sheet - =IF('Raw
Data'!M21="","",'Raw Data'!M21)
Any help would be much appreciated.

Sid.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Sid,
Is working for me, try this, go the the Raw data worksheet and do Text to
Columns for the columns you want to capture in the other worksheet

"Sid Price" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

Should work, just make sure your spreadsheet is set to Automatic
Recalculation or press the F9 key.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Sid Price" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

Should work, just make sure your spreadsheet is set to Automatic
Recalculation or press the F9 key.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

Thank you for the two responses to my question. It appears the problem was
due to the Data Range Properties not being set correctly. Once I changed
these to "Overwrite existing cells with new data, clear unused cells" the
second worksheet refreshes correctly when the data refresh is done.
Sid.