Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Losing cell content when copying and pasting

When I copy multiple cells, and then do a paste, the contents of some cells
not involved with the copy and paste action are lost. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

What do you mean by 'not involved'?

If you select, say, 12 cells (3 rows and 4 cols) and paste it on D1 then
cells in the range D1:G3 will be overwritten with the source cells...

Also if formulae are involved then you may see unintended (by you) impact...

"tomprochaska" wrote:

When I copy multiple cells, and then do a paste, the contents of some cells
not involved with the copy and paste action are lost. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

IF I select D1:IV1, and paste on D2 through D9, the content in the range
A15:C19 go blank. This occurs with "Panes frozen" but it doesn't matter
whether I am copying and pasting "across" the "freeze line"or not. IfI
"unfreeze Panes", I don't have this problem. I just wwitched from Excel 2003
to 2007, and never had this problem with 2003.

"tomprochaska" wrote:

When I copy multiple cells, and then do a paste, the contents of some cells
not involved with the copy and paste action are lost. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Try selecting just D2 and pasting after copying D1:IV1 and let me know.
Also when you select D1:IV1 just look at the right bottom of the selection
to see what is being selected. It should say 1R X 1C and only number before C
should change

I did not have this problem either with 2003 or 2007.

"tomprochaska" wrote:

When I copy multiple cells, and then do a paste, the contents of some cells
not involved with the copy and paste action are lost. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

That's not a problem...when I want to copy one row X multiple columns, and
paste to another single row. It's when I want to copy one row X multiple
columns, and paste them to 6 or 7 rows. As I said, what I'm trying to do is
what I've been doing for years prior to switching to 2007.

"tomprochaska" wrote:

When I copy multiple cells, and then do a paste, the contents of some cells
not involved with the copy and paste action are lost. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Unfortunately I am not able to replicate the problem.

If the file does not contain confidential info then you may mail it to me.
id to_sheeloo
domain hotmail.com

"tomprochaska" wrote:

When I copy multiple cells, and then do a paste, the contents of some cells
not involved with the copy and paste action are lost. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

So after you paste and then press Ctrl+Home columns A:C have been wiped out,
or are they just not visible after the paste?

Since I can't duplicate your problem in 2007 maybe you should check to see
that you have the latest service release - choose Office Button, Excel
Options, Resources and look under about Microsoft Office Excel 2007 and see
if it says SP1. If not, click the Check for Updates button at the top of the
same screen.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire