Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Sheeloo[_3_] Sheeloo[_3_] is offline

Default Losing cell content when copying and pasting

Unfortunately I am not able to replicate the problem.

If the file does not contain confidential info then you may mail it to me.
id to_sheeloo
domain hotmail.com

"tomprochaska" wrote:

That's not a problem...when I want to copy one row X multiple columns, and
paste to another single row. It's when I want to copy one row X multiple
columns, and paste them to 6 or 7 rows. As I said, what I'm trying to do is
what I've been doing for years prior to switching to 2007.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Try selecting just D2 and pasting after copying D1:IV1 and let me know.
Also when you select D1:IV1 just look at the right bottom of the selection
to see what is being selected. It should say 1R X 1C and only number before C
should change

I did not have this problem either with 2003 or 2007.

"tomprochaska" wrote:

IF I select D1:IV1, and paste on D2 through D9, the content in the range
A15:C19 go blank. This occurs with "Panes frozen" but it doesn't matter
whether I am copying and pasting "across" the "freeze line"or not. IfI
"unfreeze Panes", I don't have this problem. I just wwitched from Excel 2003
to 2007, and never had this problem with 2003.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

What do you mean by 'not involved'?

If you select, say, 12 cells (3 rows and 4 cols) and paste it on D1 then
cells in the range D1:G3 will be overwritten with the source cells...

Also if formulae are involved then you may see unintended (by you) impact...

"tomprochaska" wrote:

When I copy multiple cells, and then do a paste, the contents of some cells
not involved with the copy and paste action are lost. Any ideas?