Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default problem with wrap text

I tried looking all through the newsgroup and saw nothing that
approaches my query.

I do a lot of data editing, working through other people's stuff and
trying to standardize it, and that entails a lot of global replaces.

It is s.o.p. for me to set |Format|Alignment|Wrap Text| to off, to
compact a worksheet and to determine when someone decided to write a
book where a single word is needed.

Somehow, the Wrap keeps coming back! I have a suspicion that there is
some sort of option or default which has got changed, but I know not
where or what I have done to deserve this!

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

P D Sterling
Florida, New York USA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Select all cells
Go to Format|Cell|Alignment|Text control
Uncheck "Wrap text"
This will erase all wraped texts

This might help you

"P D Sterling" wrote:

I tried looking all through the newsgroup and saw nothing that
approaches my query.

I do a lot of data editing, working through other people's stuff and
trying to standardize it, and that entails a lot of global replaces.

It is s.o.p. for me to set |Format|Alignment|Wrap Text| to off, to
compact a worksheet and to determine when someone decided to write a
book where a single word is needed.

Somehow, the Wrap keeps coming back! I have a suspicion that there is
some sort of option or default which has got changed, but I know not
where or what I have done to deserve this!

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

P D Sterling
Florida, New York USA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"P D Sterling" wrote:

I tried looking all through the newsgroup and saw nothing that
approaches my query.

I do a lot of data editing, working through other people's stuff and
trying to standardize it, and that entails a lot of global replaces.

It is s.o.p. for me to set |Format|Alignment|Wrap Text| to off, to
compact a worksheet and to determine when someone decided to write a
book where a single word is needed.

Somehow, the Wrap keeps coming back! I have a suspicion that there is
some sort of option or default which has got changed, but I know not
where or what I have done to deserve this!

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

P D Sterling
Florida, New York USA

Apparently, I was not clear. I have done what you suggest, but after a
few global replaces, the WRAP is BAAAACK. Anything further?

P D Sterling
Florida, New York USA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

When exactly does it reappear?
After save and open file or in another stance.
If it is the first case, I presume you Excel doesnt accept the changes.

"P D Sterling" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"P D Sterling" wrote:

[...]

no, its during continuous editing. really works my nerves. I don't know
if someone has embedded a TAB or other character in this field, but it
just makes the worksheet jump around and look terrible.

note my previous comment that I am making a lot of global replaces.

P D Sterling
Florida, New York USA