Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
P D Sterling P D Sterling is offline

Default problem with wrap text

I tried looking all through the newsgroup and saw nothing that
approaches my query.

I do a lot of data editing, working through other people's stuff and
trying to standardize it, and that entails a lot of global replaces.

It is s.o.p. for me to set |Format|Alignment|Wrap Text| to off, to
compact a worksheet and to determine when someone decided to write a
book where a single word is needed.

Somehow, the Wrap keeps coming back! I have a suspicion that there is
some sort of option or default which has got changed, but I know not
where or what I have done to deserve this!

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

P D Sterling
Florida, New York USA