Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ash ash is offline

Default how to use the scroll bars to move objects

Hi,

In my project i have a long list of data ans some hyper linked images in the
top few rows. I want the pictures/wordart to move along as i scroll down the
page.
please let me know whether i have to use any coding. Please let me know in
detail as I'm a beginner.
Thanks,
Regards
Ash
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Ash,

It sounds as if freezeing panes would do the trick. Here's how to do it.

Select the entire row below where your pictures end. For example, your
pictures end at row 5, left click the number 6 on the left hand side of the
screen.

The whole row will be highlighted.

Now left click 'Window' at the top of the screen (near where File, Edit
menus etc are) and select the 'Freeze Panes' option from the drop down list.
This will allow the data to be scrolled without the pictures/wordart ever
moving.

I think this is the effect you are trying to gain.

Hope that helps.

"Ash" wrote:

Hi,

In my project i have a long list of data ans some hyper linked images in the
top few rows. I want the pictures/wordart to move along as i scroll down the
page.
please let me know whether i have to use any coding. Please let me know in
detail as I'm a beginner.
Thanks,
Regards
Ash

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ash ash is offline

Thanks for your help. Can we do this by coding because the object occupies
at least 20 rows. Can u suggest me any other method.
Thanks,
Regards
Ash

"Ash" wrote:

Hi,

In my project i have a long list of data ans some hyper linked images in the
top few rows. I want the pictures/wordart to move along as i scroll down the
page.
please let me know whether i have to use any coding. Please let me know in
detail as I'm a beginner.
Thanks,
Regards
Ash

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The only other way I would know how to do this would be to split the scroll
bars, effectively giving you two windows. To do this look above your right
hand scroll bar and you will notice a very small grey rectangle, this is can
be dragged down and will create another scroll bar splitting the window in
two. If you drag it to below your pictures again you can use your data
without the pictures moving.

I don't think I totally understand what you are trying to achieve though.
Surely if your pictures extend to row 20 they will extend that far whether
using coding or freezing panes. If you want them to remain in situe whilst
you scroll your data they will still take up the same amount of room no
matter what method you use.

"Ash" wrote:

Hi,

In my project i have a long list of data ans some hyper linked images in the
top few rows. I want the pictures/wordart to move along as i scroll down the
page.
please let me know whether i have to use any coding. Please let me know in
detail as I'm a beginner.
Thanks,
Regards
Ash

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ash ash is offline

Hi Pyrite,
My pictures do not interrupt the data. they r in a conner of a sheet (from
H1 to H20). i want this picture visible when i have scrolled down (say A100).
Can this be done without freezing panes. Please give step by step instuction
as i'm new to Excel.
Thanks,
Regards
Ash.

"Ash" wrote:

Hi,

In my project i have a long list of data ans some hyper linked images in the
top few rows. I want the pictures/wordart to move along as i scroll down the
page.
please let me know whether i have to use any coding. Please let me know in
detail as I'm a beginner.
Thanks,
Regards
Ash

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I'm awfully sorry Ash, I dont know any other way of doing it, but again from
what you say I cannot understand why freezing the panes does not suit your
need. You could then scroll to row 1000 or anything and the pictures still be
visible. The only other thing I can think is that not enough data is showing
by doing this i.e. only one or two rows are left on screen below the
pictures, in that case you would simply have to make the pictures smaller and
more data would be visible.

"Ash" wrote:

Hi,

In my project i have a long list of data ans some hyper linked images in the
top few rows. I want the pictures/wordart to move along as i scroll down the
page.
please let me know whether i have to use any coding. Please let me know in
detail as I'm a beginner.
Thanks,
Regards
Ash

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ash ash is offline

thanks a lot Pyrite.
As u said not enough data is showing by freezing panes. i have already made
the pictures small so i have no other option. Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards
Ash.

"Ash" wrote:

Hi,

In my project i have a long list of data ans some hyper linked images in the
top few rows. I want the pictures/wordart to move along as i scroll down the
page.
please let me know whether i have to use any coding. Please let me know in
detail as I'm a beginner.
Thanks,
Regards
Ash

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Ash,

I don't know if you will look at this thread again but something just struck
me. If you cannot shrink your pictures down further but wih to display more
on the screen, the only other thing I can think of would be to reduce the
zoom level slightly. You can do this two ways. If you have a jog wheel on
your mouse hold the Ctrl key and scroll downwards, this will zoom out. If not
left click on the 'View' menu and select Zoom, then choose a lower zoom level.

"Ash" wrote:

Hi,

In my project i have a long list of data ans some hyper linked images in the
top few rows. I want the pictures/wordart to move along as i scroll down the
page.
please let me know whether i have to use any coding. Please let me know in
detail as I'm a beginner.
Thanks,
Regards
Ash

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thank you Pyrite, it works well.

Can you help me with word art. I face the same problem. If I reduce the font
size it is not clearly visible nor I can freeze panes as the data is used by
other users and they always ask me why I repeat the same data.
They fail to see that the panes are freeze.