Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel-how to get the spreadsheet to move as I move the scroll tab

I used to be able to scroll down a big spreadsheet - fast or slow - as I
controlled the speed by moving the scroll bar tab button. The spreadsheet
would move on the screen as I moved the tab (at the same speed). Now
something has happened and when I scroll, the spreadsheet does not move as I
move the scroll tab. Rather, when I take my finger off the mouse button, the
spreadsheet goes all the way to that point at once. I want to change it back
but no one I've talked to knows how.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

what version of Excel are you using?
--
www.silverbirddesigns.com

Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2009

"excel toiler" wrote:

I used to be able to scroll down a big spreadsheet - fast or slow - as I
controlled the speed by moving the scroll bar tab button. The spreadsheet
would move on the screen as I moved the tab (at the same speed). Now
something has happened and when I scroll, the spreadsheet does not move as I
move the scroll tab. Rather, when I take my finger off the mouse button, the
spreadsheet goes all the way to that point at once. I want to change it back
but no one I've talked to knows how.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Depending on what version you are using...

In earlier versions, I believe 2000 and earlier (don't quote me on that),
but in the earlier versions that should have been a yellow tab that showed
you what page/cell row that you were on while manually scrolling and on
release would take you to that page/cell row. Later versions display a live
scroll. I hope that helped you.

--
If this reply was helpful, please indicate that your question has been
answered to help others find anwsers to similar questions.

"excel toiler" wrote:

I used to be able to scroll down a big spreadsheet - fast or slow - as I
controlled the speed by moving the scroll bar tab button. The spreadsheet
would move on the screen as I moved the tab (at the same speed). Now
something has happened and when I scroll, the spreadsheet does not move as I
move the scroll tab. Rather, when I take my finger off the mouse button, the
spreadsheet goes all the way to that point at once. I want to change it back
but no one I've talked to knows how.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm pretty sure you need to upgrade to a newer version in order to be able to
use the Live Scroll feature. I know that Excel 2002 has that feature. I just
check with friend and he said that it was first established with 2002

--
If this reply was helpful, please indicate that your question has been
answered to help others find anwsers to similar questions.

www.silverbirddesigns.com

Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2009

"excel toiler" wrote:

Excel 2000

"excel toiler" wrote:

I used to be able to scroll down a big spreadsheet - fast or slow - as I
controlled the speed by moving the scroll bar tab button. The spreadsheet
would move on the screen as I moved the tab (at the same speed). Now
something has happened and when I scroll, the spreadsheet does not move as I
move the scroll tab. Rather, when I take my finger off the mouse button, the
spreadsheet goes all the way to that point at once. I want to change it back
but no one I've talked to knows how.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks. I'm using excel 2000. Until just a few days ago, the spreadsheet
would move as I scrolled and then all of a sudden it changed. I don't know
if I inadvertantly hit the wrong button or if something else happened, but
since it happened it has been very stable - no back and forth.