Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I get the lowest number in a row to turn red in Excel ?

Using Excel 2003. I can use the min function to find the lowest number in a
row but how do I get the lowest number in a row (or column) to change colour
so that it stands out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Select the whole range, I will assume you selected A2:Z2 with A2 as the
active cell (that happens if you start from A2 when selecting). Do
Formatconditional formatting, do formula is

=A2=MIN($A$2:$Z$2)

click the format button, select font and a red font, finally click OK twice

Peo Sjoblom

"Robin" wrote in message
Using Excel 2003. I can use the min function to find the lowest number in
row but how do I get the lowest number in a row (or column) to change
colour
so that it stands out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Select your rows to format.
(Say A1 is the activecell)

Format|conditional formatting
cell Value is
equal to
=Min(1:1)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You may want to use:
Formula is:
=AND(isnumber(A1),A1=MIN(1:1))

(with A1 the activecell)

Robin wrote:

Using Excel 2003. I can use the min function to find the lowest number in a
row but how do I get the lowest number in a row (or column) to change colour
so that it stands out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

With your first possible cell active (D2 say), go to the menu and select
Format Conditional Formatting FormulaIs in box type =D2=Min($D$2:$D$10) Chg
to Suit
Choose Pattern, OK

"Robin" wrote:

Using Excel 2003. I can use the min function to find the lowest number in a
row but how do I get the lowest number in a row (or column) to change colour
so that it stands out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If you had your numbers in Column A from rows 1 to 8, like below:

1 1
2 5
3 4
4 2
5 6
6 7
7 8
8 0.5

Select those cells, starting from A1 (click and drag to A8, or holding down
the Shift key, use the arrow keys or click A8 with the mouse) and go to the
menu "Format" then "Conditional Formatting." For Condition 1, choose
"Formula Is" from the first drop-down menu, then type in "=MIN($A$1:$A$8)=A1"
without the quotes (make sure to keep the dollar signs so the range won't
change as the formula is evaluated at each cell, also make sure that after
the second equal sign you don't have a dollar sign so that the cell address
will change). Then press the "Format" button and choose the "Patterns" tab,
and whatever color you wish. Press "OK" and then again. In the example
above, the 0.5 cell should highlight to whatever color you choose in the
"Patterns" tab.

To modify this for your file, just change the range from $A$1:$A$8 to
whatever top-left to bottom-right cells you are interested in. And change
the A1 to whatever cell is selected as you go into the Conditional Formatting
screen.

Hope this helps, Jim
--
I appreciate any feedback. Please don''t be scared to say that "Yes,"
I/someone else did answer your question. Thank you.