MKA808

Default how do i find the lowest number in a column in Excel?

I need to identify and mark the lowest number in a column in Excel.
Peo Sjoblom

=MIN(Range)

to tag it, select the range and do
formatconditional formatting formula is and

=MIN(Range)=A1

where A1 is the first cell of the range

Range needs to be a defined name or absolute reference

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"MKA808" wrote in message
I need to identify and mark the lowest number in a column in Excel.

Paul Sheppard

MKA808 Wrote:
I need to identify and mark the lowest number in a column in Excel.

Hi MKA808

Try =MIN(A2:A50), change the range to suit, or Data Filter
Autofilter and filter the column containing the data, the lowest number
will be top of the drop down list

--
Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=398022

instruite

Select the range of cells where you want to format the minimum number
cell
Select Format - Conditional Formating
In input box choose equal to
in the next box type =Min(range of cells) (make sure there are no
inverted commas in equation)
Click format and select the format way you want
Click OK
and the minimum value cell be formated the way you want :)

--
instruite

I am B.E. Instrumentation and Control and write now working as Hardware
design engineer in automotive electrconics industry
instruite's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26539
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=398022