Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Worksheet calculations

Is there a way of keeping Microsoft Calculator on the worksheet, so that one
can type in the long result of a complicated calculation onto a space in the
worksheet? Currently as soon as I attempt to type the result in the
Microsoft Calculator migrates to the Taskbar.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

I'm not aware of an 'Always on top' setting for this but your could tile
them. Another thing to consider is why don't you do your calculations in
Excel directly which can do everything the calculator can and a lot more
besides.

Mike

"Zygy" wrote:

Is there a way of keeping Microsoft Calculator on the worksheet, so that one
can type in the long result of a complicated calculation onto a space in the
worksheet? Currently as soon as I attempt to type the result in the
Microsoft Calculator migrates to the Taskbar.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If you still want to use MS Calculator to calculate, and then put the result
in to Excel, you can, after you get the result, on MS Calculator, copy the
result, then paste it in excel. MS Calculator actually actually has the copy
on their formula under the Edit menu.
Then right click in Excel where you want the result, and paste.
--
John C