Phill Barrett

Default How can I format a worksheet to carry out all calculations to 2 d.

Hi,

Is it possible to format am excel worksheet or whole workbook to carrry out
all calculations to 2 decimal places (ie. rounding up and down)? The problem
I have is that I use Excel to track expenses tha are also enetered in an
accounting package and get rounding errors as excel doesn't round calulations
up or down while the acounts package does.

I can get excel to display to two decima places and round an individual
value to 2 places, but don't know how to get teh whole worksheet to calculate
to 2 decimal places.

Thanks,

Phill.
JE McGimpsey

You can check the Precision as displayed checkbox in
Tools/Options/Calculation. Then format all your cells to display 2
decimal places.

Note, however, that this will not prevent all rounding errors. See

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html

In article ,
"Phill Barrett" wrote:

Is it possible to format am excel worksheet or whole workbook to carrry out
all calculations to 2 decimal places (ie. rounding up and down)? The problem
I have is that I use Excel to track expenses tha are also enetered in an
accounting package and get rounding errors as excel doesn't round calulations
up or down while the acounts package does.

I can get excel to display to two decima places and round an individual
value to 2 places, but don't know how to get teh whole worksheet to calculate
to 2 decimal places.

Phill Barrett

Thanks for this - its exactly what I needed. Thanks for your web link too,
very informative. Sorry for the tripple post, the first two said they hadn't
been posted due to an error and to try again later, so I did and seem to have
ended up with the same question posted three times!

Thanks again for the help,

Phill.