Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How to know when to use category and series fields correctly

I am trying to figure out what options are available when you plug in
specifice information to fields. I need to be able to look at specifice
information by month and by procedure code. So does that need to be on the
series axis or category or etc.? I keep getting all the information for the
year listed and I am not able to list it for individual months. When I try
to group for a month it says group is not allowed. Can someone tell me what
I am doing wrong? Thanks
--
ultrasounds4u
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Not 100% sure of the problem, do you have a number of rows each with a month
in one column and procedure code in another?

example
a1: January b1: 3467
a2: february b2: 7895

You can use auto filter on the headings of your data (top row) then when you
filter you can choose to look at just one month out of all your data.