Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default drop page fields here and drop series fields here

I have an OLAP chart ion my chart sheet.

On the bottom and top have drop page fields and seriers fields here.

I have no idea which fields I can drag and drop.

any information is great appreciated,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

This chart is a pivotchart? If so the field list should be displayed. You
can drag any field in the field list to any area, so your choice should be
based on what you want to display and how you want to display it.

Note that as you change the pivot chart the pivot table will also change and
visa versa, so you can drag the fields around on the pivot table to see the
effects on the pivot chart.
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Souris" wrote:

I have an OLAP chart ion my chart sheet.

On the bottom and top have drop page fields and seriers fields here.

I have no idea which fields I can drag and drop.

any information is great appreciated,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

For an OLAP chart, in the field list, there are two kinds of fields. The
fields with numerical data (measures) have an icon with 1 and 0 symbols.
These fields can go into the data area only, where they become the bars
or lines in the chart.

The other fields can go into any of the other areas of the chart -- the
Page area, Series area or Category area.

Changing the pivot chart will change the layout of the pivot table on
which it is based.

Souris wrote:
I have an OLAP chart ion my chart sheet.

On the bottom and top have drop page fields and seriers fields here.

I have no idea which fields I can drag and drop.

any information is great appreciated,

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures