Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ogg Ogg is offline

Default "office 12" excel and split-panes - how?

Anyone here familiar with "Office 12" version of Excel and how to enable
split-panes? I''ve been trying to coach a friend via email on some Excel
features and only now discover that we aren't even using the same version.
I'm working with the "Office 2007" version, and my friend is working with
what he is reporting to be "Office 12". We basically need to configure his
Excel to lock the first few rows in the table (where most of the labels are)
and only allow the data rows to scroll. Would someone be kind enough to
provide all the steps to produce a simple locked horizontal pane?

..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Select a cell (like B2) which marks the panes
View tabWindow groupFreeze panes

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten