Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default missing Active Window bar

Apologies if this is not the correct forum for this problem. While not
a new Excel user, I am new to OF.

Recently I downloaded an Excel file with a list of DTV converters. This
file opened up with a band on the left side (left of the row numbers)
that had two plus signs on it. Clicking on the top one did the same
thing as Page Down would do, and clicking on the plus sign below it did
the same thing as two Page Downs. This has not shown up in any other
Excel file.

On the other hand, the Active Title Bar(?)(the one on top with the
three little boxes on the right hand corner for minimize and exit) has
disappeared completely regardless of which file I open. This is a real
pain because there is no way to minimize the Excel screen from its full
size.

Would any of you have any idea about either of these two things. Thank
you, muchly

--
Gomer Fackworth
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Not sure about the band on the left, but
for the Active Tile Bar, it sounds like you are in Full Screen mode,
so, on the Toolbar View Full Screen.

George Gee

"Gomer Fackworth" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

It sounds like you are in Outline mode, either because someone has choosen
Data, Group and Outline or because someone has choosen the command Data,
Subtotals. You can turn off Outline Symbols by choosing Tools, Options,
View, and Uncheck Outline symbols.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Gomer Fackworth" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The band on the left means you're in DataGroup and Outline mode.

The missing icons on the Title Bar on ALL workbooks could be due to GroupWise
being enabled.

If that's the problem. See this MSKB article

Article is specific for 2000 but I think it is valid for other versions.

It gives a workaround (use the file menu) and instructions as to how to remove
the Groupwise add-in that is responsible for this behavior.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP