Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default missing Active Window bar

Hi,

It sounds like you are in Outline mode, either because someone has choosen
Data, Group and Outline or because someone has choosen the command Data,
Subtotals. You can turn off Outline Symbols by choosing Tools, Options,
View, and Uncheck Outline symbols.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Gomer Fackworth" wrote:

Apologies if this is not the correct forum for this problem. While not
a new Excel user, I am new to OF.

Recently I downloaded an Excel file with a list of DTV converters. This
file opened up with a band on the left side (left of the row numbers)
that had two plus signs on it. Clicking on the top one did the same
thing as Page Down would do, and clicking on the plus sign below it did
the same thing as two Page Downs. This has not shown up in any other
Excel file.

On the other hand, the Active Title Bar(?)(the one on top with the
three little boxes on the right hand corner for minimize and exit) has
disappeared completely regardless of which file I open. This is a real
pain because there is no way to minimize the Excel screen from its full
size.

Would any of you have any idea about either of these two things. Thank
you, muchly

--
Gomer Fackworth