Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Excel 2000 Pivot table in Excel 2007

I have created over the years a pivot table using Excel 2000 that tracks
heating every day of the year. When I bring the Excel 2000 workbook into
Excel 2007, the pivot table looks ok but when I refresh the data, I get very
strange results. The pivot table is actually a summary of furnace usage and
sums the usage for each month and gives a grand total for each year at the
bottom.

How can I get to use the Excel 2000 data and Pivot Table in Excel 2007?

Thank you

--
Ron P

If we are what we eat then: I'm fast,
cheap and easy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Send me the XL2000 file so I can see for myself. Then I can advise.
best wishes
--
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Bogey Man" wrote:

I have created over the years a pivot table using Excel 2000 that tracks
heating every day of the year. When I bring the Excel 2000 workbook into
Excel 2007, the pivot table looks ok but when I refresh the data, I get very
strange results. The pivot table is actually a summary of furnace usage and
sums the usage for each month and gives a grand total for each year at the
bottom.

How can I get to use the Excel 2000 data and Pivot Table in Excel 2007?

Thank you

--
Ron P

If we are what we eat then: I'm fast,
cheap and easy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Bogey Man" wrote:

I have created over the years a pivot table using Excel 2000 that tracks
heating every day of the year. When I bring the Excel 2000 workbook into
Excel 2007, the pivot table looks ok but when I refresh the data, I get
very
strange results. The pivot table is actually a summary of furnace usage
and
sums the usage for each month and gives a grand total for each year at
the
bottom.

How can I get to use the Excel 2000 data and Pivot Table in Excel 2007?

Thank you

--
Ron P

If we are what we eat then: I'm fast,
cheap and easy

I sent you an email but maybe that wasn't the best thing to do. The file is
over 400K in size so I hesitate to send it. The real problem is that the
pivot table is having a problem with the hours and minutes calculation when
the table is updated. The source data table is just dates with the hours
and minutes that the furnace or airconditioner has run each day. I have
checked the formatting for the time calculation and it is [h]:mm which I
think is correct. When the pivot table is refreshed, the calculations
produce a number in the thousands instead of around a hundred or so.

If I sum the data in the source table it adds correctly...I'm stumped.

--
Ron P

If we are what we eat then: I'm fast,
cheap and easy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Bogey Man" wrote:

[...]

I tried another workbook with similar data that also includes a pivot table
and it works perfectly.....there must be something wrong with the other
workbook that Excel 2007 can't handle even though it works in Excel 2000.

The first thing that stands out is that the colum headings in the workbook
that doesn't work correctly are like this: Heating 05 - 06 Heating 06 -
07. Could that be the problem?