Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot table is not valid in Excel 2000 but works fine in EXCEL 200

We share an excel file which contains various Pivot Tables and various
macro's of which some update the pivot tables. The sheet with the database
has filters on.
All works fine in Excel 2003.
BUT a collegue who still has Excel 2000 is not able to update any of the
Pivot Tables, even without having done any changes.
Message "Pivot tabel is not valid" pops up everytime. Sometimes it says "the
pivot has too many rows or colums, try to move up...or delete..."
When a macro wants to update a pivot, the macro hangs. When debugging it
seems not to recognize any of the Pivot.
When selecting the various pivot tables and selecting Table Options, it
seems it does not exist.
Before I tried to figure out by comparing the add-in selections on both
pc's. But apparently this is not the reason. There are NO blanc column
headers (it works perfectly on my computer).
We are getting desperate as we need to share this very useful tool.
Your help is really appreciated.

Many thanks in Advance
Ulrik Loves Horses.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Each version of excel offers enhancements (else why ever upgrade).

Limits of PivotTable Reports in Microsoft Excel 2003

XL2002: Limits of PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 2002

XL2000: Limits of PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=211517

XL97: Limits of PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 97

Maybe you'll see a difference when you compare those limits.

--

Dave Peterson