Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default time in seconds

Hi there,
I am struggeling with a problem.
I have two colomns with time indication hh:mm:ss. The third colomn I have a
formula which is the result of colomn D minus colomn B in format hh:mm:ss.
Now I have to change this third colomn into only seconds.
Can anyone tell me how to do this? What kind of formula do I have to put in
this third colomn so that they do not interfere with each other?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Frank,

In your third column which I assume has =D-B in it
Format it as custom [ss]

HTH
Martin