Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mangesh

Default How to convert time into seconds.

Hi,

Can someone please let me know how to convert timing into "seconds".
For example if timing is 6:11:17 it should be converted into "Seconds".

--
mangesh

mangesh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6746
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=555706

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marcelo

hi,

try

=hour(a1)*3600+minute(a1)*60+second(a1)

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"mangesh" escreveu:

Hi,

Can someone please let me know how to convert timing into "seconds".
For example if timing is 6:11:17 it should be converted into "Seconds".

--
mangesh

mangesh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6746
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=555706

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim May

With a1 containing your 6:11:17
In b1 enter =A1*(60*60*24)

"mangesh" wrote
in message :

Hi,

Can someone please let me know how to convert timing into "seconds".
For example if timing is 6:11:17 it should be converted into "Seconds".

--
mangesh

mangesh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6746
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=555706

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
daddylonglegs

Jim's formula would give you 22277 in another cell (using your example).
Alternatively you could just format your original cell(s) with a custom
format of

[s]

--
daddylonglegs