JoeGill

Default The shortcut to enter time in excel should include seconds.

The shortcut to enter the current time in an Excel workbook should include
seconds. Currently, if you hit CTRL+: (SHIFT ;) the current time is
displayed in the appropriate cell as 1:14 PM b default. Formatting the time
to read h:mm:ss, it is displayed with the seconds as :00
Bob Phillips

Joe,

Probably best to add this to your Personal.xls.

First check if you have one. Go to WindowUnhide and see if there is a
Personal. xls file there.

If there is not create one by creating a simple macro. Go to
ToolsMacroRecord New Macro. In the dropdown, select Personal Macro
Workbook. As soon as the recording starts, a small toolbar with stop
Recording button. Click this button. Re-do the WindowUnhide stuff.

Select the Personal.xls to make it visible.

In this workbook, right-click the Excel icon at the top-left of the
Personal.xls spreadsheet, and select View Code. You will be presented with
the VBE, and an open code module.

Enter John's code into the code module.

Close the VBE.

Select the Personal.xls spreadsheet, save it, and then hide it, WindowHide.

--

HTH

RP

"JoeGill" wrote in message
I really appreciate the info. However, I'm not very saavy with this sort

of
thing. In fact, I don't even know how to begin altering the setup like

this.
If you wouldn't mind, could you take me through how to do this step by

step?
Thanks.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

This is a peer-to-peer newsgroup.

To submit suggestions to MS, send an email to .

FWIW, my default setup does exactly that. In my startup template (in the
startup folder) I have something like:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.OnKey "^+;", "EnterTime"
End Sub