Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Another sorting question - easy one!

Finally figured out how to sort my information but this is my next question.
Everything is sorted alphabetically by the first column (Name)...when I
enter a new name now, will it automatically sort? Or - do I have to do this
exercise of sorting on a constant basis.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
DM DM is offline

my experience say you have to sort manually every time unless you I import
it into Access and generate queries or reports.

you included details about ...alphabetically by the first column... is that
what you want? you can queue it to sort by which ever column(s) you want.

"Terri" wrote in message
Finally figured out how to sort my information but this is my next
question. Everything is sorted alphabetically by the first column
(Name)...when I enter a new name now, will it automatically sort? Or - do
I have to do this exercise of sorting on a constant basis.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You could use a worksheet_change event to fire an automatic macro upon any
entry. Is this ONE cell in col A or any cell within a range of, say
a2:a200???

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Terri" wrote in message
Finally figured out how to sort my information but this is my next
question. Everything is sorted alphabetically by the first column
(Name)...when I enter a new name now, will it automatically sort? Or - do
I have to do this exercise of sorting on a constant basis.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

lastrow=cells(rows.count,"a").end(xlup).row
Set myrng = Range("a2:f" & lastrow)
If Not Intersect(Target, myrng) Is Nothing Then
myrng.Sort Key1:=Range("a2"), Order1:=xlAscending, _
Header:=xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, _
Orientation:=xlTopToBottom

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software