Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
np np is offline

Default Macro to select cells in column enter data then press enter

I need to create a macro and assign it a macro button at the top of the
worksheet (with the text Enter Hours) . This macro needs to select the cells
in Colum E (called Hours) enabling me to enter hours in, pressing Enter after
each figure.

Can someone help me with a formula and how to record this macro?

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Excel has no way of knowing when to press ENTER while you are typing in a cell.

It does not know what is in the cell until you leave the cell.

Use your finger to hit the ENTER or downarrow key when you want to leave the
cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP