Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Excel PC to Excel Mac

How can I ensure that the format used in a PC created worksheet remains the
same when opened in Excel on a MAC?
--
Keith Dore
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

KDore@AIC wrote:
How can I ensure that the format used in a PC created worksheet remains the
same when opened in Excel on a MAC?

When you save the spreadsheet on a MAC, make sure you have the
extensions turned on (*.xls).

This way, when you open the file in Windows, Excel will be able to read
the file because it looks for the extension.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The *file* formats for MacXL 98, 01, v.X and 04 are absolutely identical
to WinXL 97, 00, 02, and 03.

For *display* formatting, make sure you're using fonts and font sizes
that are available on both platforms. Try to use the same printer
drivers.