-   -   Excel PC to Excel Mac (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/170182-excel-pc-excel-mac.html)

KDore@AIC[_2_]

Excel PC to Excel Mac

How can I ensure that the format used in a PC created worksheet remains the
same when opened in Excel on a MAC?
--
Keith Dore

GreyGoose[_2_]

Excel PC to Excel Mac

KDore@AIC wrote:
How can I ensure that the format used in a PC created worksheet remains the
same when opened in Excel on a MAC?

When you save the spreadsheet on a MAC, make sure you have the
extensions turned on (*.xls).

This way, when you open the file in Windows, Excel will be able to read
the file because it looks for the extension.

JE McGimpsey

Excel PC to Excel Mac

The *file* formats for MacXL 98, 01, v.X and 04 are absolutely identical
to WinXL 97, 00, 02, and 03.

For *display* formatting, make sure you're using fonts and font sizes
that are available on both platforms. Try to use the same printer
drivers.