Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Splitting a cell

Can a column of cells be split into two equal parts with a line in the
middle? If so, how? I am using Excel 2000.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"jayfin" wrote in message
Can a column of cells be split into two equal parts with a line in the
middle? If so, how? I am using Excel 2000.

Certainly later version have a "Text to Columns" function - not sure about
2000......SUCH a long time since I used it!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

A cell itself cannot be split into parts.

The contents of a cell can be split into multiple cells.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 04:07:01 -0800, jayfin
wrote:

Can a column of cells be split into two equal parts with a line in the
middle? If so, how? I am using Excel 2000.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"JMB" wrote in message
XL2000 has text to columns feature (Data/TextToColumns)

Thanks - I thought it might have but it's SO long since I used 2000 I wasn't
sure!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

It jayfin again. Thanks for the input. I decided that for my needs which
did not call for any manipulation of data, sorting etc., it would be easiest
to just take two columns and use the "merge and center" button over two
columns and label it with a centered title on one line of a cell and then on
the second line of the cell using the wrap text feature put a label above
each column. Had to do this with 25 columns but it did work.

"jayfin" wrote:

Can a column of cells be split into two equal parts with a line in the
middle? If so, how? I am using Excel 2000.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JMB JMB is offline

We just upgraded to XL03 from XL00 at work <g.