Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default splitting a cell

I thought I could split a cell...I'm just stupid and forget how.

For example, I want to split cell C into multiple rows that are part of and
reference Cell B...Not in a formula or anything like that. Just in general.
For example, my name in Cell B and then my kid's 3 names in Cell C.

Can I do this???

Thanks in advance.

wnfisba

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yeah...I understand that David. But I thought you could actually split the
cell where there would be multiple rows. So each one of my kids's names would
be its own cell. I did a little digging and it doesn't seem as though that's
possible. The only suggestion I saw would be to underline the text to make it
appear as a separate row.

Thanks David. And just confirm if you can.

"wnfisba" wrote in message
I thought I could split a cell...I'm just stupid and forget how.

For example, I want to split cell C into multiple rows that are part of
and
reference Cell B...Not in a formula or anything like that. Just in
general.
For example, my name in Cell B and then my kid's 3 names in Cell C.

Can I do this???

Thanks in advance.

wnfisba

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

But if you do merge cells, please don't come back to us for sympathy when
you struggle with various Excel functions, such as sorting, filtering,
autofitting row height, etc. In general you'll find that the experts on
this group don't recommend merging cells.
--
David Biddulph

"wnfisba" wrote in message
I thought I could split a cell...I'm just stupid and forget how.

For example, I want to split cell C into multiple rows that are part
of
and
reference Cell B...Not in a formula or anything like that. Just in
general.
For example, my name in Cell B and then my kid's 3 names in Cell C.

Can I do this???

Thanks in advance.

wnfisba

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the cell with the kid's names and two empties below it.

EditFillJustify will drop the three names into 3 cells.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"wnfisba" wrote in message
I thought I could split a cell...I'm just stupid and forget how.

For example, I want to split cell C into multiple rows that are part of
and
reference Cell B...Not in a formula or anything like that. Just in
general.
For example, my name in Cell B and then my kid's 3 names in Cell C.

Can I do this???

Thanks in advance.

wnfisba

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMB JMB is offline

I only use it occasionally for setting up headers (that I know are not
referenced in any formulae, macro, etc).

"wnfisba" wrote in message
I thought I could split a cell...I'm just stupid and forget how.

For example, I want to split cell C into multiple rows that are part
of
and
reference Cell B...Not in a formula or anything like that. Just in
general.
For example, my name in Cell B and then my kid's 3 names in Cell C.

Can I do this???

Thanks in advance.

wnfisba

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Watch this video:

Split cell contents across multiple cells.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...CL100570551033

Challa Prabhu