Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMB JMB is offline

Default splitting a cell

Do you mean merge cells? Format/Cells/Alignment - Merge and Wrap Text.

"wnfisba" wrote:

Yeah...I understand that David. But I thought you could actually split the
cell where there would be multiple rows. So each one of my kids's names would
be its own cell. I did a little digging and it doesn't seem as though that's
possible. The only suggestion I saw would be to underline the text to make it
appear as a separate row.

Thanks David. And just confirm if you can.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Alt+Enter will allow you to insert a line feed in the cell.
--
David Biddulph

"wnfisba" wrote in message
I thought I could split a cell...I'm just stupid and forget how.

For example, I want to split cell C into multiple rows that are part of
and
reference Cell B...Not in a formula or anything like that. Just in
general.
For example, my name in Cell B and then my kid's 3 names in Cell C.

Can I do this???

Thanks in advance.

wnfisba